Heed this Dennis Bell
- "Avoiding Ruinous Compromises" by Richard Stallman — by Matt Lee — last modified Sep 26, 2008 11:30 AM
- Twenty-five years ago on September 27, 1983, I announced a plan to create a completely free operating system called GNU -- for 'GNU is not Unix'.
- Thank you SGI, for freeing the GNU/Linux 3D desktop! — by Matt Lee — last modified Sep 19, 2008 11:56 AM
- In January of 2008, software code at the heart of GNU/Linux 3D applications was discovered to be non-free—a potential disaster for free software advocates hoping to see advanced graphical acceleration now common on modern operating systems.
- Stephen Fry's film "Happy Birthday to GNU" now available in 24 languages ready for Software Freedom Day — by Matt Lee — last modified Sep 17, 2008 06:33 PM
- Software Freedom Day in Boston is a Wealth for the Commons: Saturday, September 20, 2008 — by Matt Lee — last modified Sep 11, 2008 12:47 PM
- BOSTON, Massachusetts, USA -- Thursday, September 11th, 2008 -- It's Saturday and a roomful of people are advising each other on modifying their mobile devices, optimizing their GNU/Linux systems and organizing for software freedom. But it's not a room full of experts -- at least not mostly. Artists, activists, students and others want the freedom to do anything they want with their computers and they're here to learn new tricks and garner shortcuts from each other.
- FSF and Stephen Fry celebrate the GNU Project 25th anniversary — by Matt Lee — last modified Sep 01, 2008 11:07 PM
- BOSTON, Massachusetts, USA -- Tuesday, September 2, 2008 -- The GNU operating system is turning 25 this year, and the Free Software Foundation (FSF) has kicked off its month-long celebration of the anniversary by releasing "Happy Birthday to GNU," a short film featuring the English humorist, actor, novelist and filmmaker Stephen Fry.
- Spring 2008 Bulletin available online — by Matt Lee — last modified Aug 20, 2008 02:51 PM
- Our Bulletin from Spring 2008 is now available online.