Heed this Dennis Bell
- FSF rallies support for GNU MediaGoblin to make media publishing free "as in freedom" — by Zak Rogoff — last modified Oct 11, 2012 03:15 PM
- BOSTON, Massachusetts, USA -- Thursday, October 11th, 2012 -- Today the Free Software Foundation (FSF) announced its support for the GNU MediaGoblin project's fundraiser at http://mediagoblin.org/pages/campaign.html. MediaGoblin is community-developed free "as in freedom" software that enables users to share their experiences through photos, videos, and audio, in a decentralized way that sidesteps current media-publishing gatekeepers.
- Summer 2012 trip to Europe: Photos from InterTice, in Marly-le-Roi — by Jeanne Rasata — last modified Oct 24, 2012 11:23 AM
- LulzBot AO-100 3D printer now FSF-certified to respect your freedom — by Joshua Gay — last modified Jun 14, 2013 12:23 PM
- BOSTON, Massachusetts, USA — Tuesday, October 9th, 2012 — The Free Software Foundation (FSF) today awarded its first Respects Your Freedom (RYF) certification to the LulzBot AO-100 3D Printer sold by Aleph Objects, Inc. The RYF certification mark means that the product meets the FSF's standards in regard to users' freedom, control over the product, and privacy. The LulzBot model AO-100 3D printer can be purchased from www.lulzbot.com.
- Save the Web from software patents — by Donald Robertson III — last modified Oct 01, 2012 03:43 PM
- PersonalWeb's software patent suit against Github and others threatens the freedom of the Web. In order to make sure that the Web can remain a free and accessible space for everyone, we need to rid ourselves of all the patents that threaten its viability. We need to end software patents.
- Hampshire College distributes free software bundle to all incoming students — by Kira — last modified Oct 01, 2012 03:36 PM
- Hampshire student and FSF campaigns organizer Kira shares the success of their ambitious project to help fellow students get started with free software. The achievements of Kira's organization, LibrePlanet/Students for Free Culture, is exciting and replicable outside of Hampshire. Kira provides suggestions to help other students realize the same changes at their schools.
- GNU Spotlight with Karl Berry (September 2012) — by Karl Berry — last modified Nov 08, 2012 08:14 PM
- There were 24 new GNU releases this month!