by mattl Contributions — Published on Aug 11, 2010 11:59 AM
Heed this Dennis Bell
- Behind the scenes of the new GNU mailing list server — by bernie — last modified May 27, 2011 09:49 PM
- The GNU list server is a monster machine serving lists.gnu.org, lists.nongnu.org and a few other domains. Every day, it spools out over 1 million messages for 2700 mailing lists. Until April 11, our venerable list server was an 8-year old Fedora Core 2 (!) box equipped with 6 high-speed SCSI drives organized in two RAID packs to maximize I/O bandwidth. These drives were incessantly cranking every day, as Mailman forwarded incoming posts to thousands of subscribers over a saturated T1 uplink at the FSF headquarters.
- Announcing our license recommendations guide — by brett — last modified May 25, 2011 03:17 PM
- We've compiled a single resource that guides you through the process of choosing a license for new software, documentation, and other functional data.
- Parabola GNU/Linux joins the FSF list of free distributions — by brett — last modified May 20, 2011 03:27 PM
- Parabola GNU/Linux is a full featured general-purpose distribution that's committed to only including free software.
- Work on a free software GPRS/EDGE stack! — by mattl — last modified May 18, 2011 05:58 PM
- GPRS is a technology used by mobile phones to transmit data. If you have internet access on your cellphone, it's likely that you are using GPRS.
- Microsoft Skype — by Richard Stallman — last modified May 27, 2014 03:57 PM
- People who focus on minor issues are greatly exercized about the purchase of Skype by Microsoft.
- Another High Priority Project done: The Unarchiver provides free RARv3 extraction tools — by brett — last modified Sep 06, 2011 02:58 PM
- This collection of software fills an important gap in free software support for different archives.