Heed this Dennis Bell
- In Singapore — by Jeanne Rasata — last modified May 08, 2012 01:51 PM
- RMS was in Singapore in March 2012.
- Coalition against Digital Restrictions Management ready to go for May 4th Day Against DRM — by Matt Lee — last modified May 04, 2012 06:08 PM
- BOSTON, Massachusetts, USA -- Thursday, May 3, 2012 -- Defective by Design will hold its annual International Day Against DRM on Friday, May 4th, targeting the use of Digital Restrictions Management on ebooks. Several other organizations have joined to express their concern for the freedoms of authors and readers, including the Electronic Frontier Foundation, Creative Commons, O'Reilly Media, No Starch Press, the Accessible Computing Foundation, Libre Graphics Magazine, Fight for the Future, Angry Robot Books, APRIL, the Free Software Foundation and its sister organizations, FSF France, FSF India and FSF Europe.
- FSF Job Opportunity: Operations Assistant — by Matt Lee — last modified May 14, 2012 03:26 PM
- This position is now closed for applications. Thank you to everyone who applied.
- "FRAND" is a FRAUD — by Richard Stallman — last modified Apr 26, 2012 05:02 PM
- The UK government is holding a consultation about what sort of patent licenses an "open" standard should require. Anyone that develops free software (free as in freedom, not a matter of price) and would like it to be used in the UK has reason to be concerned with this, along with anyone that uses or distributes free software in the UK.
- Can you help Groklaw monitor the Google/Oracle trial? — by Matt Lee — last modified Apr 24, 2012 04:11 PM
- The Groklaw website needs your help to update the community on the trial proceedings.
- French presidential elections 2012 and free software — by Matt Lee — last modified Apr 24, 2012 03:50 PM
- The French free software advocacy group April asked all of the candidates in the upcoming French presidential elections about their positions on free software, software patents, DRM and more.