Heed this Dennis Bell
- Don't miss our daily highlights on fsf.org! — by libby — last modified Jan 03, 2013 08:28 AM
- When you visit http://www.fsf.org now through the end of January, you'll notice something different about our home page.
- Who ever thought APIs were copyrightable, anyway? — by Bradley Kuhn — last modified Dec 27, 2012 12:16 PM
- FSF board member and former executive director Bradley Kuhn discusses the landmark copyright case of Oracle v. Google and what it does -- and doesn't -- mean for free software.
- Share freedom this holiday season! — by Jeanne Rasata — last modified Dec 27, 2012 12:24 PM
- Gnu comes bearing gifts, draws shoppers from Microsoft store — by Zak Rogoff — last modified Dec 21, 2012 10:35 AM
- Boston, Massachusetts, USA -- Thursday, December 20th, 2012 -- Today, FSF activists visited a local Microsoft store during its "Tech for Tots" session to wish passersby happy holidays with copies of the Trisquel GNU/Linux operating system, a free software replacement for Windows 8. The activists were accompanied by a gnu (free software's buffalo-like mascot) and sported Santa hats in the spirit of the season. Their action drew smiles from mall-goers who had expected to see costumed people giving gifts, but not quite like this.
- GNU strikes again: FSF surprises Boston Microsoft store — by libby — last modified Jan 18, 2013 02:40 PM
- FSF staff and volunteers just returned from Boston's Microsoft store, where we dressed as elves and handed out copies of free software and our 2012 Giving Guide to people out shopping for the holidays. The action is part of our campaign to promote free software as a replacement for Windows 8. The campaign aims to promote free software while educating members of the public about the restrictive nature of this proprietary operating system, as well as to inform them of Windows 8's dangerous privacy and security risks.
- October 2012: At Tijuana Innovadora — by Jeanne Rasata — last modified Dec 27, 2012 08:10 AM