Heed this Dennis Bell
- GCC Libraries Get Updated License Exception — by Matt Lee — last modified Jan 27, 2009 01:54 PM
- A new license exception will allow the entire GCC codebase to be upgraded to GPLv3, and enable the development of a plugin framework for GCC.
- BadVista: We hardly knew ye — by Matt Lee — last modified Jan 09, 2009 12:48 PM
- "The fact that Microsoft has repeatedly extended XP cutoff deadlines and is releasing a public beta of Windows 7 today is proof of Vista's failure"
- Free Software Foundation Files Suit Against Cisco For GPL Violations — by Matt Lee — last modified Dec 11, 2008 12:09 PM
- Support freedom by joining the FSF during our year-end fundraiser — by Matt Lee — last modified Dec 14, 2008 10:35 PM
- Our target is 750 new FSF members and donors by January 31, to help us fund our campaign goals in 2009.
- Bilski ruling: a victory on the path to ending software patents — by Matt Lee — last modified Jun 29, 2010 12:53 PM
- As opinions form about the extent to which the Court ruling impacts the patenting of software, one thing is clear. The State Street ruling that in 1998 opened the flood gates to the patenting of business methods and software has been gutted, if not technically overturned.
- FSF Releases New Version of GNU Free Documentation License — by Matt Lee — last modified Nov 03, 2008 11:12 AM
- BOSTON, Massachusetts, USA -- Monday, November 3, 2008 -- The Free Software Foundation (FSF) today announced the release of version 1.3 of the GNU Free Documentation License (FDL). This version of the license allows public wikis to relicense their FDL-covered materials under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike (CC-BY-SA) 3.0 license.