Heed this Dennis Bell
- Digital economy bill: One clown giveth and the other clown taketh away — by Richard Stallman — last modified Jun 29, 2010 12:05 PM
- MPs are pushing for faster broadband in the digital economy bill – but also planning to restrict what the public can do with it
- Using the GPL for Eclipse Plug-Ins — by Brett Smith — last modified Apr 30, 2010 11:20 AM
- Recently we've seen some questions about whether Eclipse plug-ins can be released under the GPL. Answered briefly, this is possible if you can provide an additional permission with the license to allow combining your plug-in with the necessary EPL-covered libraries. The rest of this post examines why an additional permission is necessary, and has specific recommendations for interested developers.
- Why I'm rejecting your email attachment — by John Sullivan — last modified May 11, 2010 07:38 AM
- Why I'm rejecting your email attachment: for freedom and the good of the web!
- GNU Spotlight with Karl Berry (March 2010) — by Matt Lee — last modified Aug 03, 2010 12:33 PM
- This month we welcome Thomas Schmitt as the maintainer of the new package xorriso, and Peter Simons as the maintainer of the new package autoconf-archive (another notable new entry!). We also welcome Aleksander Morgado and Reinhard Mueller as a new co-maintainers of GNU PDF, Albert Chu as co-maintainer of freeipmi, Vladimir Serbinenko as co-maintainer of grub, Thien-Thi Nguyen as co-maintainer of RCS, and previous maintainer Giuseppe Scrivano for also taking on gcal.
- GNU Generation 2.0 — by Matt Lee — last modified May 17, 2010 04:45 PM
- After many successful months of GNU Generation, GNU Generation 2.0 was officially announced at LibrePlanet 2010. This builds upon the original GNU Generation by lowering the entry barrier to free software contribution, and making the program more extensible. So what is new? In a nutshell:
- Bradley Kuhn Joins the FSF Board — by Peter Brown — last modified Apr 01, 2010 03:05 PM
- When I started working at the Free Software Foundation in September 2001, it was to join a team that then-executive director Bradley Kuhn was putting together. It was a period of transition for the FSF.