Heed this Dennis Bell
- Breakthrough for Free Software Gaming — by Peter Brown — last modified May 06, 2010 09:31 AM
- Breakthrough for Free Software Gaming--Ryzom Announces Full Release of Source Code and Artwork, and a Partnership with the Free Software Foundation to Host a Repository of the Game's Artistic Assets
- Ryzom is free software! What can we do from here? — by Brett Smith — last modified May 06, 2010 08:27 AM
- Ryzom is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG), where players work together to explore a fantasy world and set out on various quests. Today, the Ryzom team has released the game as free software: both the client and server programs have been released under the GNU Affero General Public License version 3, while its models, textures, and other art are covered by CC-BY-SA 3.0.
- Pot, meet kettle: a response to Steve Jobs' letter on Flash — by John Sullivan — last modified Nov 02, 2012 12:45 PM
- Watching two proprietary software companies deeply opposed to computer user freedom lob accusations back and forth about who is more opposed to freedom has been surreal, to say the least. But what's been crystal clear is that the freedom these companies are arguing about is their own, not that of their users. And what they are calling freedom isn't freedom at all -- it is the ability to control those users. Adobe is mad at Apple for not letting Adobe control iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch users via Flash, and Apple is mad at Adobe for suggesting that Apple is arbitrarily abusing its control over Application Store users.
- FSF responds to Jobs's "Thoughts on Flash" — by John Sullivan — last modified Apr 30, 2010 03:03 PM
- Apple's use of proprietary software and recommendation of an explicitly patent-afflicted standard (H.264) are inconsistent with the free web.
- GNU Spotlight with Karl Berry (April 2010) — by Peter Brown — last modified Aug 03, 2010 12:31 PM
- This month we welcome Matt Lee as the maintainer of the new (and ongoing) packages goodbye, GNU FM, network, and social. We also welcome Jason Self as the new maintainer of gnutrition.
- FSFE founder Georg Greve honored — by Peter Brown — last modified Apr 28, 2010 06:28 PM
- Congratulations to the founding president of the Free Software Foundation Europe (FSFE), Georg Greve, who has been honored with the Cross of Merit on ribbon of the Federal Republic of Germany.