Heed this Dennis Bell
- The Internet blacklist (COICA) is back: Take action before Thursday — by John Sullivan — last modified Dec 02, 2010 01:40 PM
- Now that the elections are over, the bill is back -- and could pass out of committee this Thursday.
- GNU Spotlight with Karl Berry (October 2010) — by Matt Lee — last modified Nov 08, 2010 04:29 AM
- A monthly look at updates and new releases in the GNU operating system.
- How to upload a video to YouTube and ensure it is viewable in WebM — by John Sullivan — last modified Mar 19, 2013 11:00 AM
- We've published an easy-to-follow recipe for producing your videos in the free WebM format.
- VLC developer takes a stand against DRM enforcement in Apple's App Store — by Brett Smith — last modified Nov 05, 2010 09:45 AM
- Rémi Denis-Courmont is one of the primary developers of the VLC media player, which is free software and distributed under the GPL. Earlier this week, he wrote to Apple to complain that his work was being distributed through their App Store, under terms that contradict the GPL's conditions and prohibit users from sharing the program.
- Fostering free software education: Free Technology Academy and Free Software Foundation partner to expand access to master's program in free software and free standards — by Peter Brown — last modified Nov 05, 2010 09:42 AM
- AMSTERDAM, The Netherlands -- Tuesday, October 26, 2010 -- The Free Technology Academy (FTA) and the Free Software Foundation (FSF) announced today their partnership in the FTA's Associate Partner Network. The Network aims to expand the availability of professional educational courses and materials covering the concepts and applications of free software and free standards.
- Stop the Internet blacklist — by John Sullivan — last modified Dec 02, 2010 01:41 PM
- The Combating Online Infringement and Counterfeits Act would create a blacklist of domain names that the government thinks are involved in copyright infringement. Internet service providers and others would be required to block any domains on the list.