Heed this Dennis Bell
- Free Form: Free Software News for September 29th 2010 — by mollydb — last modified Nov 05, 2010 09:42 AM
- Recently, in free software news, Richard Stallman protested representatives of the European Patent Office giving a presentation in Australia concerning software patents. Trisquel released their newest LTS version, codename: Taranis. The chief architect of Apple's compiler group answered a question about the upstream potential of their work on the GNU Compiler Collection.
- Over 450 letters sent to the USPTO proposing guidelines to end software patents — by Brett Smith — last modified Nov 05, 2010 09:42 AM
- Last week, we put out an action item asking people to write to the USPTO, and explain to them why software should not be eligible for patents under their forthcoming post-Bilski guidance. To answer the call, you all sent in more than 450 letters, offering the USPTO all kinds of legal and practical reasons why they should stop issuing software patents. This is a tremendous response, and we're very grateful to you all for participating. Thank you very much!
- Encourage the USPTO to stop issuing software patents; deadline September 27 — by Brett Smith — last modified Sep 24, 2010 12:32 PM
- Following the Supreme Court's decision in Bilski v. Kappos, the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) plans to release new guidance as to which patent applications will be accepted, and which will not. As part of this process, they are seeking input from the public about how that guidance should be structured.
- Videos of GNU Hackers Meeting in the Hague available — by Matt Lee — last modified Nov 05, 2010 09:46 AM
- Videos of the talks from the GNU Hackers Meeting in the Hague are now available. This meeting took place on 24-25 July at "Revelation Hackspace", prior to the GNOME GUADEC conference, and featured a workshop on GNUnet, a framework for free secure networking and decentralised applications.
- Celebrate Software Freedom Day with the LibrePlanet community — by John Sullivan — last modified Nov 05, 2010 09:42 AM
- Please join us in bringing some of the Software Freedom Day celebration and advocacy to the LibrePlanet wiki, to build a resource and meeting place that will last throughout the year.
- Look who's using free software... — by Peter Brown — last modified Nov 05, 2010 09:47 AM
- Today, we've added two new resources to our "Working Together for Free Software" campaign