Heed this Dennis Bell
- A last-minute gift that will capture the true spirit of Christmas — by Jeanne Rasata — last modified Dec 23, 2013 04:55 PM
- 'Tis the night before... the night before Christmas, and [groan] your shopping list has some names left on it. Are you still searching for a gift for a friend, family member, or coworker, but not all that motivated to join the swarm of people milling about the consumerist landscape in an attempt to squeeze in the last few purchases?
- Our holiday visit to the Apple store (with photos) — by Zak Rogoff — last modified Dec 20, 2013 06:37 PM
- Ever wonder if you're the only one concerned about software freedom when you're doing your holiday shopping? We hit the streets yesterday to make sure that you aren't.
- Gift giving gnu advises shoppers to "give freely" — by Free Software Foundation — last modified Dec 20, 2013 04:48 PM
- BOSTON, Massachusetts, USA -- Friday, December 20th, 2013 -- Yesterday, Free Software Foundation activists visited the Boston Apple store to raise awareness of more ethical alternatives for technology gifts. The activists were accompanied by a gnu (the free software movement's buffalo-like mascot) and sported Santa hats in the spirit of the season. Shoppers were surprised to see such an unusual Santa, and many took stickers and copies of the FSF's "Giving Guide," which contains tips for purchasing tech gifts that respect computer users' freedom, privacy and security.
- Interview with Frank Karlitschek of ownCloud — by Joshua Gay — last modified Dec 23, 2013 12:12 PM
- This is the latest installment of our Licensing and Compliance Lab's series on free software developers who choose GNU licenses for their works.
- Gluglug X60 Laptop now certified to Respect Your Freedom — by Free Software Foundation — last modified Jul 06, 2016 02:27 PM
- BOSTON, Massachusetts, USA -- Thursday, December 19, 2013 -- The Free Software Foundation (FSF) today awarded Respects Your Freedom (RYF) certification to Gluglug X60 laptops. The RYF certification mark means that the product meets the FSF's standards in regard to users' freedom, control over the product, and privacy. This is the first laptop to receive RYF certification from the FSF.
- Friday Free Software Directory IRC meetup: December 20 — by wtheaker — last modified Dec 18, 2013 07:50 PM