Heed this Dennis Bell
- Help fix the wireless firmware problem on the Openmoko GTA04 — by Matt Lee — last modified Sep 27, 2011 01:12 PM
- Occasionally, we post tasks that we'd like to draw specific attention to. Today we're posting one such task: help fix the wireless firmware problem on the Openmoko GTA04 and move us closer to a phone we can recommend.
- Take part in a competitive programming contest in Washington D.C between the United States and Russia, September 24/25 2011! — by Matt Lee — last modified Sep 20, 2011 02:49 PM
- Mark your calendars! On September 24th and 25th an unprecedented event is taking place: a codeathon bringing together programmers and software engineers from both the U.S. and Russia to address challenges of transparency and accountability in both countries.
- FSF speaks against patent and DRM provisions at Trans-Pacific Partnership negotiators' meeting — by brett — last modified Sep 16, 2011 05:03 PM
- The Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement (TPP) is a free trade agreement currently under negotiation that could require member countries to enact strict copyright and patent legislation that hurts free software users and developers. Our license compliance engineer Brett Smith talked about the FSF's opposition to these terms with negotiators last weekend; in this blog post, he shares his perspective on the event.
- Dyne:bolic GNU/Linux hits version 3! — by Matt Lee — last modified Sep 15, 2011 09:21 AM
- Dyne:bolic is one of the ever increasing list of GNU/Linux distributions we recommend because of their strong commitment to user freedom. After five years of development, a new release is available.
- Fall internship positions are still open—apply today! — by brett — last modified Sep 07, 2011 10:58 AM
- Are you looking for some work experience this fall semester? The FSF still has several open internship positions for this fall!
- SFD 2011: Local does compute — by Deborah Nicholson — last modified Aug 31, 2011 11:29 AM
- Join us to celebrate Software Freedom Day 2011!