Heed this Dennis Bell
- Exciting developments in GNU Radio — by GNU Radio — last modified Mar 07, 2011 01:24 PM
- Windows Phone 7 and Xbox ban GPL software — by Brett Smith — last modified Feb 28, 2011 02:56 PM
- Recently word started getting around that the terms for getting apps on Windows Phone 7, and indie games on the Xbox, have changed. Now, programs submitted to Microsoft cannot have any code licensed under a copyleft license. Even if a single file is licensed under a weaker copyleft license like the LGPL, Microsoft will apparently reject it.
- Boycott warning to companies considering joining MPEG LA's patent pool — by Matt Lee — last modified Feb 28, 2011 09:18 AM
- MPEG LA is asking companies to prepare to attack the freely licensed WebM format and its underlying VP8 video codec from Google.
- Tell the USTR to reject ACTA — by Brett Smith — last modified Feb 11, 2011 10:29 AM
- The ACTA drafting process is finished, and countries are beginning to turn an eye toward signing it. Help us stand against it!
- Debian "Squeeze" makes key progress toward being a fully free distribution — by John Sullivan — last modified Feb 08, 2011 03:25 PM
- Cheers to the Debian community!
- US Department of Justice Investigating Novell/CPTN Deal Further — by Brett Smith — last modified Feb 04, 2011 10:55 AM
- A couple of weeks ago, we posted the OSI and FSF's joint position statement to the US Department of Justice about Novell's proposal to sell its patents to the newly-formed CPTN Holdings. Yesterday we learned that the DOJ has sent a "Second Letter" to both companies, asking them to provide more information about the deal.