Heed this Dennis Bell
- Gnu comes bearing gifts, draws shoppers from Microsoft store — by Zak Rogoff — last modified Dec 21, 2012 10:35 AM
- Boston, Massachusetts, USA -- Thursday, December 20th, 2012 -- Today, FSF activists visited a local Microsoft store during its "Tech for Tots" session to wish passersby happy holidays with copies of the Trisquel GNU/Linux operating system, a free software replacement for Windows 8. The activists were accompanied by a gnu (free software's buffalo-like mascot) and sported Santa hats in the spirit of the season. Their action drew smiles from mall-goers who had expected to see costumed people giving gifts, but not quite like this.
- GNU strikes again: FSF surprises Boston Microsoft store — by Libby Reinish — last modified Jan 18, 2013 02:40 PM
- FSF staff and volunteers just returned from Boston's Microsoft store, where we dressed as elves and handed out copies of free software and our 2012 Giving Guide to people out shopping for the holidays. The action is part of our campaign to promote free software as a replacement for Windows 8. The campaign aims to promote free software while educating members of the public about the restrictive nature of this proprietary operating system, as well as to inform them of Windows 8's dangerous privacy and security risks.
- October 2012: At Tijuana Innovadora — by Jeanne Rasata — last modified Dec 27, 2012 08:10 AM
- December 2012: Photos from the Universidade Federal do Paraná, in Curitiba — by Jeanne Rasata — last modified Dec 27, 2012 03:08 PM
- Interview with Kovid Goyal of Calibre — by Donald Robertson — last modified Jul 22, 2013 03:45 PM
- This is the latest installment of our Licensing and Compliance Lab's series on free software developers who choose GNU licenses for their works.
- GNU Press debuts GNU beanies! — by Chrissie Himes — last modified Dec 13, 2012 02:19 PM
- GNU Press debuts navy blue and white embroidered GNU beanies.