Heed this Dennis Bell
- Stop the Internet blacklist — by John Sullivan — last modified Dec 02, 2010 01:41 PM
- The Combating Online Infringement and Counterfeits Act would create a blacklist of domain names that the government thinks are involved in copyright infringement. Internet service providers and others would be required to block any domains on the list.
- Hardware we all want: FSF announces criteria for hardware endorsement program — by Brett Smith — last modified Nov 09, 2010 09:50 AM
- BOSTON, Massachusetts, USA -- Thursday, October 14, 2010 -- The Free Software Foundation (FSF) announced today that it has published an initial set of criteria for endorsing computers and other devices. The FSF seeks both to obtain feedback on the criteria, and raise interest in the program among hardware manufacturers. Ultimately, the FSF plans to promote an endorsement mark to be carried on products that the FSF endorses.
- Windows Phone 7: the best choice for Patent Trolls. — by Free Software Foundation — last modified Nov 05, 2010 09:42 AM
- BOSTON, Massachusetts, USA -- Friday, October 8th, 2010 -- The Free Software Foundation (FSF) today issued a warning to consumers over Microsoft's upcoming Windows 7 Phone Series. The software release is backed by a reported 400 to 500 million dollar marketing campaign that aims to distract consumers from its history of abusive behavior, and recent actions as a patent troll: attacking free software based phones like Android.
- Windows Phone 7: the best choice for Patent Trolls. — by Matt Lee — last modified Nov 05, 2010 09:46 AM
- On Monday October 11, 2010 Microsoft will release Windows Phone 7 software, backed by the largest phone marketing campaign in history: reports estimate costs at between 400 and 500 million dollars.
- Interested in free video formats? We need your help! — by John Sullivan — last modified Nov 05, 2010 09:46 AM
- We're looking for a few volunteers willing to commit an average of a few hours per week as reliable technical consultants helping people transcode their videos to free formats like WebM and Ogg Theora.
- The FSF and Project Harmony — by Brett Smith — last modified Nov 05, 2010 09:46 AM
- Explaining the FSF's position on Project Harmony