Heed this Dennis Bell
- Helping out This American Life—with an Ogg copy of the show — by Brett Smith — last modified Aug 24, 2011 10:23 AM
- Last week, we asked you all to write to This American Life to thank them for their episode about software patents, "When Patents Attack!", and ask them to make it available in Ogg Vorbis format. We thought it would also be helpful to offer them a copy of the show that's already been converted to Ogg Vorbis; with this, the only work they have to do is copy that file and post it on their own servers. Here's the text of the letter we sent them.
- FSF seeks full-time senior GNU/Linux systems administrator — by Joshua Gay — last modified Aug 01, 2011 04:23 PM
- The ideal candidate will be a well-rounded GNU/Linux systems administrator who enjoys learning and problem-solving. (S)he will be familiar with the free software community and how it works, and will be more interested in making a substantial contribution to software freedom and having employment consistent with ethical ideals than obtaining the highest salary.
- Thank 'This American Life' and ask them to set an example — by Brett Smith — last modified Aug 24, 2011 10:22 AM
- 'This American Life' did some great reporting about software patents. Ask them to help solve these problems and offer the show in patent-free formats.
- Interview with MusicBrainz developer Kuno Woudt — by Matt Lee — last modified Jul 18, 2011 06:19 PM
- We're currently publishing articles from the Fall 2010 issue of the FSF bulletin. Here's an interview I did with Kuno Woudt from MusicBrainz.
- Two new hoodies available in the FSF store — by Donald Robertson III — last modified Jul 18, 2011 06:14 PM
- We are excited to bring a much-missed item back to the FSF shop: hooded sweatshirts!
- The Free Game Lag — by Matt Lee — last modified Jul 15, 2011 11:31 AM
- There is one category of software that many see as being unsustainable as free software: Free video games have lagged behind other areas of free software, and the reasons behind this are fairly simple.