Heed this Dennis Bell
- Tell the USTR to reject ACTA — by Brett Smith — last modified Feb 11, 2011 10:29 AM
- The ACTA drafting process is finished, and countries are beginning to turn an eye toward signing it. Help us stand against it!
- Debian "Squeeze" makes key progress toward being a fully free distribution — by John Sullivan — last modified Feb 08, 2011 03:25 PM
- Cheers to the Debian community!
- US Department of Justice Investigating Novell/CPTN Deal Further — by Brett Smith — last modified Feb 04, 2011 10:55 AM
- A couple of weeks ago, we posted the OSI and FSF's joint position statement to the US Department of Justice about Novell's proposal to sell its patents to the newly-formed CPTN Holdings. Yesterday we learned that the DOJ has sent a "Second Letter" to both companies, asking them to provide more information about the deal.
- Call for nominations for the 13th annual Free Software Awards — by Peter Brown — last modified Feb 02, 2011 02:01 PM
- BOSTON, February 2, 2011--The Free Software Foundation (FSF) and the GNU Project today announced the opening of nominations for the 13th annual Free Software Awards.
- New High Priority Project: PowerVR drivers — by John Sullivan — last modified Jan 31, 2011 06:04 PM
- OSI and FSF Send Joint Position to Department of Justice — by Brett Smith — last modified Jan 20, 2011 01:08 PM
- The Open Source Initiative (OSI) and Free Software Foundation (FSF) have sent a joint position statement to the United States Department of Justice (DOJ), urging it to scrutinize Novell's proposal to sell patents to the newly-formed CPTN Holdings. Both organizations believe that CPTN Holdings may use these patents to attack free, libre, and open source (FLOSS) software. The full text of the statement follows.