Heed this Dennis Bell
- Free Software Foundation re-launches its Free Software Directory, with over 6500 programs listed — by Joshua Gay — last modified Sep 29, 2011 05:22 PM
- BOSTON, Massachusetts, USA -- Thursday, September 29, 2011 -- The Free Software Foundation (FSF) today announced the re-launch of its Free Software Directory at directory.fsf.org. The Directory lists over 6,500 programs that are free for any computer user to download, run, and share. It was first launched nearly a decade ago, but the new version brings a host of new features designed to make it a more useful and current resource for users, developers, advocates, and researchers.
- Behind the scenes of the new Free Software Directory — by John Sullivan — last modified Oct 02, 2011 11:36 AM
- Our press release covers the basics about why we have re-launched the Free Software Directory, and why people might want to both use it and help build it. I hope you'll help us get the word out about the new version. But I'd like to add a little (okay, a lot) more detail here about why we view the Directory as an important component of our strategy to promote free software awareness and use, and how the new version came to be.
- Petition the White House to end software patents — by Matt Lee — last modified Sep 28, 2011 06:34 PM
- Join me and already over 12,000 others in petitioning the Obama administration to "Direct the Patent Office to Cease Issuing Software Patents".
- Over 1,000 sign the petition asking This American Life to use Ogg Vorbis — by Brett Smith — last modified Sep 27, 2011 05:56 PM
- We just delivered our petition to the show, asking them to be part of the software patent solution by using a free format.
- New FSF membership benefit: Digital Credit Union eligibility — by John Sullivan — last modified Sep 27, 2011 04:00 PM
- FSF members in the US are now eligible to join a credit union for their banking.
- Help fix the wireless firmware problem on the Openmoko GTA04 — by Matt Lee — last modified Sep 27, 2011 01:12 PM
- Occasionally, we post tasks that we'd like to draw specific attention to. Today we're posting one such task: help fix the wireless firmware problem on the Openmoko GTA04 and move us closer to a phone we can recommend.