Heed this Dennis Bell
- Send in your nominations for the Nordic Free Software Award! — by Matt Lee — last modified Aug 23, 2011 11:23 AM
- The Nordic Free Software Award is given to people, projects or organizations in the Nordic countries that have made a prominent contribution to the advancement of free software.
- Android GPLv2 termination worries: one more reason to upgrade to GPLv3 — by Brett Smith — last modified Aug 18, 2011 06:48 PM
- Distributors lose their rights when they violate GPLv2, but the Free Software Foundation is more forgiving in its license enforcement to encourage continued participation in the free software community. GPLv3 has improved termination provisions to codify this approach, giving developers one more reason to upgrade.
- Photos from Richard Stallman's talk in London, March 2011 — by Jeanne Rasata — last modified Aug 12, 2011 03:10 PM
- RMS was in London to give his speech "A Free Digital Society," at Savoy Place, where 450 people were in attendance to hear him speak.
- A selection of photographs from some of RMS's past events — by Jeanne Rasata — last modified Aug 10, 2011 02:00 PM
- Here are photos taken at some of the many speeches Richard Stallman has given this year.
- GNU Emacs Manual, Sixteenth Edition for Version 23.3 now available — by Donald Robertson III — last modified Aug 02, 2011 07:01 PM
- We here at GNU Press are proud to announce the release of the latest version of our GNU Emacs Manual for GNU Emacs version 23.3.
- Helping out This American Life—with an Ogg copy of the show — by Brett Smith — last modified Aug 24, 2011 10:23 AM
- Last week, we asked you all to write to This American Life to thank them for their episode about software patents, "When Patents Attack!", and ask them to make it available in Ogg Vorbis format. We thought it would also be helpful to offer them a copy of the show that's already been converted to Ogg Vorbis; with this, the only work they have to do is copy that file and post it on their own servers. Here's the text of the letter we sent them.