Heed this Dennis Bell
- Coming soon: Email Self-Defense in Spanish, German, Portuguese, and more — by Zak Rogoff — last modified Jun 26, 2014 05:12 PM
- We're excited to announce that volunteers are currently working on translations of the guide and infographic into ten languages. Wow!
- US Supreme Court makes the right decision to nix Alice Corp. patent, but more work needed to end software patents for good — by Free Software Foundation — last modified Jun 19, 2014 05:58 PM
- BOSTON, Massachusetts, USA -- Thursday, June 19, 2014 -- Today the United States Supreme Court unanimously ruled a prominent software patent invalid in the case of Alice Corp. v. CLS Bank, saying that implementing an abstract idea on a computer does not make that idea patent-eligible.
- "Active Management Technology": The obscure remote control in some Intel hardware — by Ward Vandewege — last modified Jun 19, 2014 04:10 PM
- Intel's Active Management Technology (AMT) is a proprietary remote management and control system for personal computers with Intel CPUs. It is dangerous because it has full access to personal computer hardware at a very low level, and its code is secret and proprietary.
- Friday Free Software Directory IRC meetup: June 20 — by William Theaker — last modified Jun 18, 2014 03:55 PM
- Friday Free Software Directory IRC meetup: June 13 — by William Theaker — last modified Jun 11, 2014 04:40 PM
- We're glad you liked Email Self-Defense. Let's take it even farther. — by Zak Rogoff — last modified Jun 26, 2014 04:34 PM
- Yesterday was a big day for defending our freedom and privacy on the Internet. The FSF and its supporters joined the ranks of thousands for Reset the Net, the biggest-ever day of action against bulk surveillance.