Heed this Dennis Bell
- New article by RMS, "Why We Need Free Digital Hardware Designs" — by Jeanne Rasata — last modified Mar 11, 2015 02:26 PM
- "To what extent do the ideas of free software extend to hardware? Is it a moral obligation to make our hardware designs free, just as it is to make our software free? Does maintaining our freedom require rejecting hardware made from nonfree designs?"
- LibrePlanet free software conference coming to MIT March 21-22 — by Free Software Foundation — last modified Mar 10, 2015 05:22 PM
- CAMBRIDGE, Massachusetts, USA -- Tuesday, March 10th, 2015 -- The Free Software Foundation (FSF) and MIT's Student Information Processing Board (SIPB) are once again teaming up to bring the LibrePlanet free software conference to Cambridge, March 21-22, 2015 at the Stata Center at MIT. LibrePlanet is an annual conference for people who care about their digital freedoms, bringing together software developers, policy experts, activists, and computer users to learn skills, share accomplishments, and face challenges facing the free software movement. LibrePlanet 2015 will feature programming for all ages and experience levels.
- The new and improved my.fsf.org — by David Thompson — last modified Mar 09, 2015 06:15 PM
- As the very first full-time web developer for the FSF, I was happy to see my first major project launch: the new and improved https://my.fsf.org.
- Statement in support of Software Freedom Conservancy and Christoph Hellwig, GPL enforcement lawsuit — by Joshua Gay — last modified Mar 05, 2015 01:57 PM
- While the Free Software Foundation is not directly involved in the suit, we support the effort.
- Thank you, to reddit and the reddit community! — by John Sullivan — last modified Feb 27, 2015 06:35 PM
- Yesterday, reddit announced that they will be giving a donation of $82,765.95 to each of ten nonprofits. The process for determining who would receive the money was driven by voting among reddit community members over the last week.
- One month until LibrePlanet! Pre-order t-shirts through March 9th. — by Zak Rogoff — last modified Feb 27, 2015 03:31 PM
- LibrePlanet is less than a month away, on March 21st and 22nd. We're working hard to prepare the most memorable conference possible, along with our partners at MIT's Student Information Processing Board (SIPB). More people are registering every day, and we'd love for you to be one of them!