Heed this Dennis Bell
- Google's updated WebM license — by brett — last modified Jun 04, 2010 03:26 PM
- Google just updated the license for their WebM Project to make it GPL-compatible.
- GNU Spotlight with Karl Berry (May 2010) — by Matt Lee — last modified Aug 03, 2010 12:30 PM
- This month we welcome Ole Tange as the maintainer of the new package GNU parallel, and thank Giuseppe Scrivano (already maintainer of icecat and gcal) for taking on maintenance of GNU wget.
- More about the App Store GPL Enforcement — by brett — last modified May 26, 2010 10:24 PM
- Since our announcement yesterday that we were pursuing a compliance case involving GNU Go in Apple's App Store, we've received a lot of questions about the details of the conflict between the GPL and Apple's terms of service. For those of you who are interested, we're providing those details here.
- GPL Enforcement in Apple's App Store — by brett — last modified May 27, 2010 07:12 AM
- An iPhone port of GNU Go is currently being distributed through Apple's App Store. However, this distribution is not in compliance with the GNU GPL. The primary problem is that Apple imposes numerous legal restrictions on use and distribution of GNU Go through the iTunes Store Terms of Service, which is forbidden by section 6 of GPLv2. So today we have written to Apple and asked them to come into compliance. We would be happy to see Apple distribute these programs under the GPL's terms, but unfortunately, it seems much more likely that they'll simply make the problem go away by removing GNU Go from the App Store.
- Bilski and Patent Absurdity — by peterb — last modified Jul 29, 2013 02:52 PM
- Who should see the documentary film Patent Absurdity?
- Free Software Foundation statement on WebM and VP8 — by Matt Lee — last modified May 19, 2010 03:19 PM