Heed this Dennis Bell
- The Licensing and Compliance Lab interviews Defense Digital Service about eMCM — by Donald Robertson — last modified Mar 16, 2017 02:24 PM
- This is the latest installment of our Licensing and Compliance Lab's series on free software developers who choose GNU licenses for their works.
- FSF Job Opportunity: Outreach & Communications Coordinator — by Free Software Foundation — last modified Mar 16, 2017 11:01 AM
- The Free Software Foundation (FSF), a Massachusetts 501(c)(3) charity with a worldwide mission to protect computer user freedom, seeks a motivated and organized Boston-based individual to be our full-time Outreach & Communications Coordinator.
- Do GitHub's updated terms of service conflict with copyleft? — by Donald Robertson — last modified Mar 14, 2017 01:11 PM
- GitHub's updated terms caused a great deal of concern, but while they are confusing, they do not appear to be incompatible with copyleft. The Free Software Foundation (FSF), though, still recommends using other code hosting sites.
- Schedule posted: Explore the roots of freedom at LibrePlanet 2017 — by Georgia Young — last modified Mar 10, 2017 04:09 PM
- It's almost time: LibrePlanet 2017 kicks off in two weeks, on March 25! Will you join free software hackers, lawyers, activists, students, educators, librarians, and community organizers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) to explore the roots of software freedom?
- GNU Toolchain now accepting donations with the support of the Free Software Foundation — by Free Software Foundation — last modified Mar 09, 2017 02:30 PM
- BOSTON, Massachusetts, USA—Thursday, March 9th, 2017—The Free Software Foundation (FSF) is now accepting donations to support the GNU Toolchain, a collection of foundational freely licensed software development tools. Many pieces of software depend upon the GNU Toolchain, including the GNU/Linux family of operating systems which runs the majority of Web servers, millions of personal devices and the most advanced supercomputers.
- Friday Free Software Directory IRC meetup: March 10th starting at 12 p.m. EST/17:00 UTC — by Donald Robertson — last modified Mar 09, 2017 11:18 AM
- Join the FSF and friends Friday, March 10th, from 12 p.m. to 3 p.m. EST (17:00 to 20:00 UTC) to help improve the Free Software Directory (FSD), with the theme this week of adding new packages.