Heed this Dennis Bell
- Encourage the USPTO to stop issuing software patents; deadline September 27 — by Brett Smith — last modified Sep 24, 2010 12:32 PM
- Following the Supreme Court's decision in Bilski v. Kappos, the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) plans to release new guidance as to which patent applications will be accepted, and which will not. As part of this process, they are seeking input from the public about how that guidance should be structured.
- Videos of GNU Hackers Meeting in the Hague available — by Matt Lee — last modified Nov 05, 2010 09:46 AM
- Videos of the talks from the GNU Hackers Meeting in the Hague are now available. This meeting took place on 24-25 July at "Revelation Hackspace", prior to the GNOME GUADEC conference, and featured a workshop on GNUnet, a framework for free secure networking and decentralised applications.
- Celebrate Software Freedom Day with the LibrePlanet community — by John Sullivan — last modified Nov 05, 2010 09:42 AM
- Please join us in bringing some of the Software Freedom Day celebration and advocacy to the LibrePlanet wiki, to build a resource and meeting place that will last throughout the year.
- Look who's using free software... — by Peter Brown — last modified Nov 05, 2010 09:47 AM
- Today, we've added two new resources to our "Working Together for Free Software" campaign
- FSF responds to Oracle v. Google and the threat of software patents — by Brett Smith — last modified Sep 08, 2010 12:15 PM
- As you likely heard on any number of news sites, Oracle has filed suit against Google, claiming that Android infringes some of its Java-related copyrights and patents. Too little information is available about the copyright infringement claim to say much about it yet; we expect we'll learn more as the case proceeds. But nobody deserves to be the victim of software patent aggression, and Oracle is wrong to use its patents to attack Android.
- ACTA Action: Call on Obama to end the secrecy, reject the treaty — by John Sullivan — last modified Nov 05, 2010 09:47 AM
- Please read and share this article by Knowledge Ecology International's James Love, sign our anti-ACTA petition, and call on Obama to publish the treaty text.