Heed this Dennis Bell
- June 2013 - San Miguel, El Salvador - Gone Fishin' — by Jeanne Rasata — last modified Jul 19, 2013 03:20 PM
- Friday Free Software Directory IRC meetup: July 19th — by wtheaker — last modified Jul 18, 2013 06:01 PM
- May 2013 - Ciudad Madero, Mexico - At the ITCM — by Jeanne Rasata — last modified Aug 15, 2013 02:50 AM
- FSF, other groups join EFF to sue NSA over unconstitutional surveillance — by Free Software Foundation — last modified Jul 16, 2013 05:20 PM
- BOSTON, Massachusetts, USA -- Tuesday, July 16, 2013 -- The Free Software Foundation (FSF) today joined eighteen other activist and advocacy organizations in challenging the National Security Agency's (NSA) mass surveillance of telecommunications in the United States with a lawsuit filed by the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF). The recently revealed surveillance program intercepts and catalogs the time, place, and participants of all calls on Verizon's phone network over a defined period. This includes calls made between advocacy organizations and their supporters.
- Cancel Netflix if you value freedom — by Zak Rogoff — last modified Jul 12, 2013 05:15 PM
- For the last few months, we've been raising an outcry against Encrypted Media Extensions (EME), a plan by Netflix and a block of other media and software companies to squeeze support for Digital Restrictions Management (DRM) into the HTML standard, the core language of the Worldwide Web. The HTML standard is set by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C), which this block of corporations has been heavily lobbying as of late.
- A distress call from a company threatened by a patent troll — by Zak Rogoff — last modified Jul 11, 2013 10:36 AM
- The FSF recently received a message from a software company in the legislative sights of the notorious patent troll NeoMedia Technologies. The company's lawyer, Charles Kramer, asked us to share a message with our supporters.