Heed this Dennis Bell
- Boycott warning to companies considering joining MPEG LA's patent pool — by Matt Lee — last modified Feb 28, 2011 09:18 AM
- MPEG LA is asking companies to prepare to attack the freely licensed WebM format and its underlying VP8 video codec from Google.
- Tell the USTR to reject ACTA — by Brett Smith — last modified Feb 11, 2011 10:29 AM
- The ACTA drafting process is finished, and countries are beginning to turn an eye toward signing it. Help us stand against it!
- Debian "Squeeze" makes key progress toward being a fully free distribution — by John Sullivan — last modified Feb 08, 2011 03:25 PM
- Cheers to the Debian community!
- US Department of Justice Investigating Novell/CPTN Deal Further — by Brett Smith — last modified Feb 04, 2011 10:55 AM
- A couple of weeks ago, we posted the OSI and FSF's joint position statement to the US Department of Justice about Novell's proposal to sell its patents to the newly-formed CPTN Holdings. Yesterday we learned that the DOJ has sent a "Second Letter" to both companies, asking them to provide more information about the deal.
- Call for nominations for the 13th annual Free Software Awards — by Peter Brown — last modified Feb 02, 2011 02:01 PM
- BOSTON, February 2, 2011--The Free Software Foundation (FSF) and the GNU Project today announced the opening of nominations for the 13th annual Free Software Awards.
- New High Priority Project: PowerVR drivers — by John Sullivan — last modified Jan 31, 2011 06:04 PM