Heed this Dennis Bell
- GNU hackers discover HACIENDA government surveillance and give us a way to fight back — by Free Software Foundation — last modified Aug 21, 2014 02:52 PM
- GNU community members and collaborators have discovered threatening details about a five-country government surveillance program codenamed HACIENDA. The good news? Those same hackers have already worked out a free software countermeasure to thwart the program.
- Friday Free Software Directory IRC meetup: August 22 — by William Theaker — last modified Aug 20, 2014 04:28 PM
- Richard Stallman's TEDx video: "Introduction to Free Software and the Liberation of Cyberspace" — by Jeanne Rasata — last modified Aug 20, 2014 04:31 PM
- Are you in search of an easy way to explain to others what free software is and why it matters? Or are you perhaps wondering why you yourself should be concerned about computer-user freedom? If your answer is yes, then this TEDx talk by RMS is what you're looking for!
- Free Software on the final frontier: GNU Radio controls the ISEE-3 Spacecraft — by Alex Patel — last modified Aug 15, 2014 03:25 PM
- Equipped with free GNU Radio software, a group of citizen scientists has contacted, controlled, and is attempting to recapture a 1970s-era satellite and bring it back into an orbit close to Earth.
- Friday Free Software Directory IRC meetup: August 8 — by Joshua Gay — last modified Aug 07, 2014 02:53 PM
- Introducing Micah, summer intern for the Licensing Team — by Micah Kesselman — last modified Aug 05, 2014 03:52 PM
- Micah-Shalom Kesselman recently started working at the FSF as one of this summer's licensing interns. In this post, he writes about his interest in free software and what his goals are for his internship.