Here are the FSF's current projects.
- The GNU General Public License, version 3, has been released, along with the Lesser GNU General Public License, version 3. Other licenses, including GFDL and GSFDL, are still undergoing public comment and revision.
- FSF remains the primary sponsor of the GNU Project. In addition to the services provided by Savannah for GNU projects, FSF provides development systems for GNU software maintainers, including full email and shell services. We are committed to furthering the development of the GNU Operating System and enabling volunteers to easily contribute to that work.
- GPL Compliance Lab
- The GPL Compliance Lab has been an informal activity of FSF since 1992 and was formalized in December 2001. The Compliance Lab is our department that handles the investigation of reported GPL (and LGPL) violations and subsequent license enforcement when violations are confirmed. The Lab also assists other copyright holders (besides FSF itself) when they wish to enforce the GPL. Finally, the Lab provides general "knowledge infrastructure" concerning the GNU GPL and Free Software licensing; we answer many licensing questions from the public and from lawyers working in the field each day.
- Free Software Directory
- The Free Software Directory was started in September 1999 to catalog all useful free software that runs under free operating systems. The Directory contains over 5,000 entries.
- Campaigns for Free Software
- The FSF campaigns against software patents, Digital Restrictions Management (DRM), Trusted Computing; and campaigns in support of free standards and free software Adoption.
- Savannah provides software development services at no cost to free software developers around the world. Savannah provides a web front-end for hosting and maintaining project homepages, bug tracking, CVS, FTP, and mailing lists. We provide all of these services running entirely on Free Software, without ads, for the entire community.
For more information about any of these projects, please contact email@example.com.